Friday 20 January 2023

GP4 Mods List

Hey GP4 fans. 

I've not got any new content in store to present to you right now, however I'll trade that off with lots of old things to share with you instead. 

For a long time, GP4 has always lacked one central location for downloads and those that did start something, well most of them have all but disappeared now. GP4's not been immune from in fighting and ownership arguements that have lead to a fractured community, and there continues to be people who take advantage of free content to earn themselves a quick dollar or two. It's left individuals maintaining their own content and many of those links have been removed or expired, so its difficult to know a) what exists and b) what is available. Without such great resources as gp4db, GP4 Italia, GP4 Central and many others, it's become very difficult to find anything.


But the game is now over 20 years old, and there's two decades of wonderful history in that. Those of you who have been on my blog will know I've tried to keep some older mods alive by keeping them on my cloud drives. For my annual blog tidy up, I've decided to dedicate some time to collecting mods from the past and the present and try and host them for you. I'm indebted to my friends Jürgen 'Quickslick', Carl_gpgames, KerleyF1 and Ariel 'Meteoro405' for their help in compiling this list. 

I've tried to stay mainly with mods, CSM mods at that, because they are a quick and easy way for a beginner to access and play a variety of seasons and series. I've also tried to stick with F1 mods. With a fair few Indycar and DTM mods as well as junior category series being created, and played with over the years, a number of them are included too.

These are all available here: GP4 Downloads

It begins with a free full GP4 game download along with popular tools GPxPatch and Zaz Tools (which includes CSM). Download and install some mods and you're off and away. 

If you have any mods that you can track down, credit and happy to share, I'll happily add it to the list. 

At the moment, I don't plan on extending this to other areas like tracks and tools/editors, but I've put links to where you can find these on the same page. This is in part due to the amount of free cloud storage I have available to me. 

Let me add: I do not support selling of mods or leeching. 

I intended to do this as a celebration of GP4, praising the original authors, and keeping it all free and available for you to enjoy. It's unbelievable a 20 year old game is still being played so broadly and passionately, so I hope my little contribution will help it survive that bit longer. 

Enjoy!