Friday 11 November 2022

A message about linkvertise and adfly

If you've been downloading my content for any period of time, you'll know that I've been using adfly for a number of years, which was relatively harmless if you run adblockers, whilst browser add-ons to bypass it were readily available. It did generate a small revenue for me, all of $10 over 12 years 😅. 

However adfly has now been absorbed by Linkvertise. Now the German firm in and of itself seems fine, but some of the ads and executable files it forces you to install I am not happy with. There are ways around it, but it's still relatively new and not straightforward to bypass. 

I would recommend that you do not use linkvertise links and do not run their executables. 

Because I've been adding links all over various forums and on hundreds of posts on this blog, I don't have the time to remove every instance of it, but I will slowly try and remove as many as I can in due course. 

Sorry for any inconvenience, but let me reiterate, please don't run the programs Linkvertise ask you to install.

I am committed to continue to release my content for free. If you appreciate my work and want to donate to me, there is a link at the top of my blog to do so.