Tuesday 22 November 2022

GP4 1994 Mod features on Trevor Sports

Around a year ago, I came across a YouTube channel called Trevor Sports. It triggered all my boyhood nostalgia, reminding me of Saturday afternoons as a kid watching TV in the UK. Grandstand was the show on the BBC, featuring various sports including F1 qualifying coverage. Presenters Steve Rider and Des Lynam were household names, with Murray Walker and James Hunt, and laterly Jonathan Palmer were on commentary. The BBC coverage was beamed all around the world to other English speaking nations that makes these names familiar to many.

Trevor has recreated that style and personalities on various games and started a classic season on good old GP4. The age old quesion of what would have happened had Senna not passed away in Imola is about to be simulated. How would the Championship have played out? 

Trevor has already recorded and released the first four races, but for round 5 in Spain, the series now features my updates in the 1994 Mod v4.0, and I'm grateful to be included in the credits at the end. 

When I first watched the series, it provided me with a real motivation to get the 1994 mod in a position to be released, which I was able to do on GP4's 20th anniversary earlier this year. Since then I've released two more cars and I've got a few more updates finished and some nearly finished and I hope to be able to get an updated mod to you before Christmas.

But until then, sit back and enjoy a bit of nostalgia, listen to the fantastic and familiar commentary as you watch the beautiful 1994 cars do in GP4 battle for the 1994 championship.


You can catch the whole season on the playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTQArm2RA7c&list=PLnFerNuEE98KYEaAl2SM0nBC_nezboonr&index=5

To read more about the 1994 mod, you can read about it here: https://fongugp4.blogspot.com/