Thursday 21 January 2021

GP4: 1993 Tyrrell 021 Yamaha WIP (mapped)

I realised that I haven't posted any pictures of the 1993 Tyrrell 021 car since those basic zmodeler shots from 2011. I've dusted it off and mapped it a few months back. Here is the car in GP4, with a plain livery.


I'm quite pleased with how this car holds up, because it was quite a low poly car, so it could have looked a little boxy, but I think it looks good. 


Working on this car has given me some motivation to begin work on the 1994 car. Though there are similarities, there's actually very little I can actually recycle from this car. 


Here's the car in the middle of the 1994 grid, but a shot from the cockpit. It's not particularly high detailed for modern day standards, but for GP4 external view, I think it looks OK and a good basis for some nice textures to bring it to life a bit more.