Monday 2 August 2021

GP4: Sebastian Vettel 2021 Helmets updated to Hungarian GP

I was hoping to celebrate Vettel's fine second podium finish of the year, but sadly he was disqualified for something that was not his fault, as far as I can tell. The appeal is still ongoing as it stands, but I hope it's an innocent mistake in not being to extract fuel, rather than there was not enough in there. Mark Gallacher noted that the same happened to him at Jordan in 1999 when they were on the podium, but they had enough for the sample and waived the penalty. It would be better for him, for the Aston Martin team, and the championship battle if he were reinstated to his finishing position. 



Sebastian Vettel 2021 Hungarian GP Helmet

Anyway, onto his helmet, which matched a pair of shoes he wore that weekend, plus a t-shirt he wore for too long and received a reprimand for. I'm not particularly for political messages in the backdrop of what has gone on in politics in Hungary, I'm afraid the six coloured rainbow has become a political statement, so I'm not going to say any more about that. But it's a nice change to Vettel's helmet, with a change of contours than the regular flat flag, and it being painted on top of his neon pink design from Austria, which is my personal favourite from this season. 

So the links are the same as the last GP, it's been updated to include this new helmet. 

Thanks as ever to Jvinu for his Arai helmet shape and template on which this is based. 

Download | (mirror link)


I'm really glad for the 'summer' break, I need one too, but also there's some other projects I want to concentrate on, so I'm glad this is the only helmet I needed to create for Hungary. Stay tuned for more news and content on this blog.