Monday 30 August 2021

GP4: 2021 Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E-Performance - Download

 
This is a mouthful, the Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance, or the 2021 Merc for GP4 by me. I know Isaint has already released his version, which is the 2021 livery painted on a lightly amended 2020 car, but with the similarities to the Aston Martin car, this car was developed. This is again the early season specification of the car shape, and they have run the same livery all year, probably frightened to do any special liveries at all after Germany 2019. 

Ironically, this is my least favourite Mercedes livery from the past decade, there's nothing particularly striking about it, whereas in the past, there was at least some interest, but the silver 'shark fin' just isn't my cup of tea. But on the livery side, I employed the same metallic effect on the silver as I did on the Aston.

I tried to put some nice details in there, like the front wheel hub, around the diffuser area and rear suspension/brake ducts. As is typical for me, the detail I put in is all hidden away by dark carbon textures.