Friday 30 April 2021

GP4: Charles Leclerc 2021 Portuguese GP Helmet

I was thinking about doing Charles Leclerc's Emilia Romagnia GP helmet, but I was a little put off because I didn't quite have enough angles in photos that I need to recreate the graffiti style writing. Well as I was looking, I saw that he had a new design for the Portuguese GP which is quite a lot simpler, so I thought I would start with that and I may come back to the Emilia Romagna helmet at a later date.


It's a very clean design, using the colours of the flag of Monaco. I think some helmets these days suffer from being a bit too complicated. Being a kid of the 1990s I always enjoyed the distinctive helmets and being able to doodle them quite quickly. It's not quite the case these days. 

It's nice that Charles still carries tributes to Jules Bianchi and his father, but I'm not so sure what Pastor is for on the visor, I've seen rumours its in honour of Pastor Maldonado, but if anyone knows, please leave a comment! 

I'm taking a risk here in releasing this before the actual Grand Prix, knowing my luck, something will happen and he won't wear it. 

As always, my thanks goes to Jvinu for his Bell helmet shape and his template. 

Download | (mirror link)