Thursday 29 August 2024

GP4: ICYMI August 2024

Wow, it's nearly the end of August already and it's time to catch up with updates to this blog and updates from the GP4 community. 

New Car Templates page

I've added a new section to my blog, car templates. To be honest, I was never one to collect templates, so you will have to help me out if you want this page to fill up. In recent years, Excalibur and the RSCT crew have been providing us with great generic F1 cars. Somebody asked me for a template for the 2021 Williams for a GP4 league and I've shared that here too. Raulongo also shared templates for the 2008 cars we did together. 

2001 Lola CART template by Öggo and Adry77

However, I'm quite excited to find some golden oldies by Öggo and Adry77 in the 1999 Reynard CART car and the 2001 Lola CART car. 

I've also found in my archives, templates for a still-born IRL project from 2006, with two templates for the Dallara and the Panoz, plus completed car and textures of the Penske. 

There's also the 2013 Dallara GP3/13, but I'm hard pressed to find anyone doing any liveries for it. 

And there's the Gen 3 Formula E car pack I released late last year. 

Click on the yellow banner below to explore the new Template page. 


GP2 (as in the old F2) content added

Thanks to thestig88 for sharing this pack (https://www.grandprixgames.org) and looking through my own archives, I've been able to add some GP2 content. There was a 2008 GP2 Asia series created by Damon and released as a non CSM set. In this release, it's been added to the 2008 GP2 mod by Lee, and so both mods are included together in this download. 

I've also added to this blog 2006 GP2 liveries, which I think are by Drex, but I'm not sure. 

And finally, I've added a 2010 GP2 non-CSM mod. Again, I'm not too sure where this is from, but its likely to have originated from the GP4 Spain forum, with Damon possibly involved again. If you have any information for me, let me know and I can update this blog. 

I hope you enjoy some of these mods from the archives. 


Recent releases

F1 1990 CSM Mod 


Kerley has been an excellent mod maker for years in GP4, and has recently dropped this excellent 1990 mod. He's really done an in depth and thorough work in this mod and it's well worth your time to check it out and try all the different variations that you can run. 


Kerley | Info   

Download part 1 


Download part 2 


Indycar 2023 CSM Mod updated 


rracunis has presented an update to his already fantastic 2023 Indycar mod. There's so much stuff in here, and it's great to have this fantastic single seater series as an F1 alternative in GP4. The mod has some interesting features to try out via the CSM menu options, to customise the mod to your liking. 


rracunis | Info  

Download part 1

Download part 2

Download part 3


2010 Helmet Set compiled by SkaningeN 


SkaningeN has compiled and completed another fantastic helmet set for the 2010 season. It's really been fantastic to now be able to run individual helmet shapes for each driver, and with such attention to detail of all the variations, this is a great update to add to your 2010 mod. 

 

SkaningeN | Helmet Set 


2010 Tyres & 2D Rims  


As always with SkaningeN, there's the 2D rim pack with team specific rims as seen in the 2010 season. 


SkaningeN | Tyres & Rims 


1994 Benetton Sound v2.0 


Some new sounds for the 1994 mod, with the Benetton Ford Cosworth getting an upgrade thanks to jcgrj. 

 

by jcgrj | info 

 

2023 Ferrari SF23 Sound 


Also released recently are the 2023 Ferrari engine sounds, designed to go with Gitanes' physics that feature in my 2023 mod. 

 

by jcgrj | info 

 

New Devon - Sun City 


A nice new fictional track by Viking75, blasting through the fictional streets of New Devon, Sun City. 


by Viking75 | Info 

 

1968 Hockenheim, Germany track updated


The Viking75 news trail continues with this update to 1968 Hockenheim, originally updated by drt01 and atticus. This track really does have a great vintage feel, as you blast down the straights in the Eifel forest before it was punctuated with chicanes and 'mickey-mouse' sections in later years. 

 

updated by Viking75. Original by drt01 and atticus | Info

 

Pocono Raceway, USA


We have a new oval, the Pocono Raceway by Viking75. It's a track used by NASCAR and formerly by Indy cars aas well. It's a flat tri-oval and gives a bit of variety if you like your oval racing.


by Viking75 | Info

 

1958 Ain Diab, Morocco track dat file

 

Thanks to Viking75 for this basic beta of the Ain Diab track, the venue for the 1958 Moroccan GP. We don't have many early F1 tracks in GP4, so this is most welcome and I really do hope it gets some nice scenery to match in the not too distant future.


by Viking75 | Info

 

There's some exciting works in progress for GP4, so I hope in the next edition there's more exciting downloads to feature. Until then, happy racing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment