Sunday 28 February 2021

GP4: 2020 Jack Aitken Helmet download

 



Here's another helmet for another 2020 stand in driver, Jack Aitken, as seen at the Sakhir GP. Jack, stood in for regular George Russell at Williams, who himself deputized for Lewis Hamilton who had fallen ill. Aitken did a great job that race weekend, and it was a shame that it ended with a crash. Honestly, though, I hope this is not Jack's only F1 outing, he does deserve to get a regular seat in F1 in the future.

A nice helmet to look at, and a real test of discipline to recreate! I count around 100 triangles, and it's almost but not quite symmetrical. On the starboard side, it's all different shades of (Williams) blue, whilst on the port side it's a mix of tartans and blues and greens. The design is a development of his previous couple of lids, which incorporates his JA logo (his initials). The British-born driver has Korean and Scottish heritage, says he was inspired by origami, and the tartan and the unicorn (the national animal of Scotland) on the back harks to the Scottish side of his ancestry. #YOTUS apparently stands for 'Year of the Ultimate Send'. 

Again, it's not 100% accurate, there's a little artistic license employed, but then again feel free to comment if you find any differences! Right now, I hate triangles and tartan patterns (I think I'm allowed to say that as a resident Scot)... I'm sure its only temporary! I'm happy enough with the end result, actually better than I hoped for at the beginning. 

As usual, I hope you enjoy it, it's all just for fun isn't it.