Friday 21 January 2022

GP4: 1994 McLaren MP4/9 Peugeot - Australian GP Version released

 


I proudly present to you my 1994 McLaren MP4/9. If you've been around this blog for a while, you'll know this is one of the first cars I blogged about. I talk about the car shape and features in my MP4/9 Walkaround back in January 2019. I also did a summary of the season as part of the Model review & season overview. It was my second carshape since my return to GP4, but this is the fourth 1994 car to be completed. I was inspired by my visit to the Donington museum just before it was closed where I was able to get a good number of detail photographs that helped me massively make this car as accurate as I could, whilst taking care of the polygon count. 

As the car was mapped and sitting around on my hard drive for a while I decided to release the car ready to paint. As no one else had the time to do it, I picked it up back in the beginning of 2021, but I got caught up producing lots of content that this project once again gathered dust. But now that the 2021 creation draws to an end, I was able to come back to this car and bring it to completion. 

If you look at my 1994 Williams, you'll see I have included a lot of textures for my swatches, but for my 2021 cars, I decided to bring them all into a second texture, and I've done the same for the McLaren. Thankfully the car didn't see many visible updates throughout the season, just different rear wing configurations. Also the livery and logo placements remained largely unchanged, so making track specific versions shouldn't be too difficult. I hope to do that in the near future. 

My plan is to make hay during the F1 off-season to do some more work on 1994 related content. I hope to have something to show you and share with you soon.