Thursday 22 September 2022

GP4 - 2022 Alpha Tauri AT03 - download


2022 Alpha Tauri AT03 by fongu


I present to you my first 2022 car for GP4, the Alpha Tauri. After releasing a 1994 Minardi car, I now release the latest car from the Faenza based team. All new regulations for this season means new shapes and different shaping challenges. Though the livery is relatively simple, the lines are curved and go through several seams on the mapping that made it a bit more challenging. However, I hope you like the result.

To me, this is one of my favourite liveries on the grid for 2022. Alpha Tauri started out the season with white wings, but like many teams, the car was over weight and teams began to run less and less paint on their liveries, running with exposed carbon fibre instead. Personally, I prefer the darker wings. Sadly it's not been a particularly successful season on track, after the many highs of the previous two seasons, this car has spent much of its time in the lower midfield. 

The car has a different nose to the other teams, in that the leading front wing element meets the nose at the top, bringing back memories of the 1990 Tyrrell, especially in blue and white. That car, the Tyrell, was the car that kicked off the high nose trends. 

Back to the AT03, this is similar to the 2021 standard of cars, so not super high in details like my 1990s cars, but aiming to be simple, smooth and accurate. It should lighter to run on less powerful machines. My thanks goes to Carl_gpgames for creating the lods for this release, much appreciated.