Friday 4 March 2022

2022 Blog Update

It seems like an annual event now, for me to tidy up my blog, but I've updated large parts of the blog so that it's hopefully easier to navigate. I've updated pages ready for lots of 2022 content for GP4 and the Time Trial League, and I've fixed a lot of the broken links to model photos, though I still have some way to go.

There's a much smaller menu bar now: 

  • Model Reviews: one link to all things about models including sub-pages
  • GP4 Downloads: one link to all my GP4 downloads and sub-pages
  • GP4 2022 Download Sources: a new page with links for all 2022 content for GP4 that I know of
  • Time Trial League 2022: a new page for a new season
  • ebay shop: I've not got anything listed there, but I may sell a few models at some stage. 
  • donate: If you want to leave a small donation, here's a link to do that. 


To be honest, my model collecting has all but stopped, but I do have a 2021 Max Verstappen collection model on pre-order (not the one pictured), so when that arrives I'll take some photos and do a review. Bar a handful of other models, all that remains in my collection are all the World Champions dating back to 1988. Unfortunately, the second hand market has changed a lot since I was regularly trading, with increases in shipping costs and frankly the cost of ebay, and not least the pricey models themselves. 



1994 Lotus 109 by Fongu

On the GP4 front, I've been working quietly away in the off season on some new content for the 1994 season and I hope to show something very soon. Here's a picture of my now mapped and partially painted Lotus 109. There's still lots of things to do on the texture side before it's complete. The 1994 work all but stopped last year as I concentrated on 2021 content, and there's already demand in me making some 2022 helmets, don't worry, I'll get around to them. 




The Time Trial league is now open to new participants, just click on the link on the menu to see how you can get involved. It's currently pre-season testing and some personalised cars and helmets have already been submitted. Watch out for my report after the deadline closes this weekend. 
I'm looking forward to seeing this league grow and new rivalries, new battles and new stories to tell. 
Oh and obviously I'll be trying hard to be competitive again in my title defence. 
I also have a special post coming soon in review of the 2021 TTL season. 


Isaint's 2022 Red Bull showcar for GP4

There's already some 2022 GP4 content released already, some other things in the works and once again I'll be trying to create a database of links for all things relating to the current season as soon as they come out. 2021 saw an incredible revival in the modding community, with numerous new tools and breakthroughs that we haven't seen for a long time. Hopefully we'll see the fruit of some of these new developments as the year develops. Don't miss Carl_gpgames installer for GP4 (which is now considered abandonware) and its main tools over on the 2022 download page as well if you wanted to try out GP4. 

So stay tuned, there will be more content coming for the new 2022 season.