Tuesday 29 March 2022

GP4: 2022 Helmets pack updated

Only a couple of small updates, but I thought I'd share them with you whilst I continue to work on others in the background.

Pierre Gasly - Alpha Tauri

Pierre Gasly 2022 Bahrain GP helmet

Pierre Gasly ran a bold Ukrainian flag to show solidarity for the country in the middle of being invaded. He only ran this in Bahrain. 
I did spot a small issue on the alpha channel of the standard helmet, so I've fixed that in this pack. 
Pierre has updated his helmet in the Saudi Arabian GP, but that will have to wait until the next batch. 

Charles Leclerc - Ferrari

Charles Leclerc 2022 Bahrain GP Helmet

Both Ferrari drivers are running Bell helmets with the solid wing on the rear of the helmet from the Bahrain GP onwards. Leclerc's design has been updated to include a maroon gradient at the bottom of the helmet. The wing on the back is slightly larger and higher up on this year's helmet, so I've done my best to adapt the livery to the the shapes I had available by Jvinu. 

Carlos Sainz Jr - Ferrari

Carlos Sainz 2022 Bahrain GP Helmet

Carlos Sainz has switched from Schuberth to Bell, after trialling both in the preseason. The Bell helmet, as well as having a wing, also has a different rear livery so that's been updated. I've also made a few subtle improvements. 

Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes

Lewis Hamilton 2022 Bahrain GP Helmet

Lewis showed off his new helmet at the Bahrain GP, going for yellow and purple with a hint of carbon texture in the background. There are a number of changes to the contours, so it wasn't quite as easy an update as I was hoping for. On the shape side, he's moved to a transparent wing, having ran a solid one in 2021 and in preseason. 

Nico Hulkenberg - Aston Martin

Nico Hulkenberg 2022 Bahrain GP Helmet

I found some more photos following the first race, so I've updated the logos on the side, added the Ukrainian flag on the top and amended some of the green gradients on the front of the helmet. This was quite a quick update, so there's no big preview of this one. 

Daniel Ricciardo

Daniel Ricciardo 2022 helmet
Daniel Ricciardo continues his partnership with Ornamental Conifer to be extra creative and unique in his helmet designs. Originally in peach, the base colour turned Orange, matching the new McLaren livery very nicely. The rips on the side were not too difficult to create, neither was the top, but the 'Present Momentum' text on the top was the most difficult to line up, spanning the top, the side and the wing elements of the helmet. 


I hope you enjoy this small update, I hope to share some more helmets amongst other works soon.