Tuesday 29 June 2021

GP4: Max Verstappen 2021 Styrian GP Helmet



It's the return of the Styrian GP, the home of Red Bull, and both Red Bull drivers are running special helmets, I believe for both the rounds at the Red Bull Ring. I thought, I know, I'll watch the helmet reveal for some insight into the design. Max's description of it was "what a surprise, it's yellow again ... a little bit different from previous years... as you can see there's a bit more blue in it". Thanks Max, insightful. 

I enjoyed making this one, I'm a sucker for dayglo bright colours, they're never easy to get right. The helmet features the track map (albeit a bit stretched in places) with a couple of the corner names mentioned which are Austrian legend F1 drivers, as well as the 'Bull of Spielberg'. As with his normal helmet, there's streaks of shiny trim, although it's silver on this helmet rather than gold. I also enjoyed working on the alpha channel on this, I think it looks good in game. 

It's not often a special helmet or special livery to win a GP, but Max dominated the Styrian GP weekend, extending his lead in the 2021 Championship. 

I really enjoyed working on a the Schuberth helmet, even though it's been upgraded a bit since this version, but thanks again to Jvinu for his helmet shape and template. 

Download | (mirror link)