Saturday 5 June 2021

GP4: Valterri Bottas Helmet - 2021 Monaco GP

Phew, this was not an easy helmet to create, and unlike Latifi's helmet which had loads of high resolution photos to go off, I had to recreate it from not many sources. But considering I only really started using Photoshop late last year, I've gotten better at using more and more tools as I create these helmets, this pushed me to use all those techniques and tricks more than any other so far. 



Designed by Valterri's girlfriend, Tiffany Cromwell, this helmet features blue quite prominently with a pop art style representation of Monaco. It took me a while, but most of the pop art quotes I could track down to two authors, but I did have to create some of them myself. Final touches with splatters of paint around the helmet just add to the final effect. It's a shame most pictures I could find were from quite dull shots indoors, so there's probably more detail in there that I might have missed, but overall, I'm happy with the result. 

I'm glad to paint on a different helmet shape after all the Bell helmets, this on the Stilo helmet and template by Jvinu. 

Download | (mirror link)

Well, from what I can see, there's one more Monaco helmet to go. Here's hoping there's not many at Baku. I notice that Leclerc has been using his Portuguese GP helmet regularly now, which I personally prefer.